Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pansy Beauties by Marcy Brennan


24" x 30" Oil on Canvas - SOLD


I painted this in a class I took with a wonderful teacher in the Atlanta area named Gloria Perkins.  This was her design and color palette and I had such a wonderful day with her and the other ladies taking the class.  I did this "alla prima" - that is all in one session (about four hours).  I got lost trying to find her studio and missed the first two hours of painting time, but once I got started, everything just flowed!  My sister fell in love with this and made me sell it to her, but when I visit her (which is often), I still get to enjoy this painting that gives me such wonderful memories of a beautiful day of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...