Thursday, December 20, 2012

Blue Beauty by Marcy Brennan



Blue Beauty - 5" x 7" watercolor on paper - $25

My nephew Josh has turned both of his parents into avid birders.  Even his mom knew the name of this when I texted her for help.  (Well she could have cheated and asked Jose ;-)).  Josh has thousands of amazing bird photos and he shared a ton of them with me for painting references.  This is from one of his photos.  The background of the photo had lots of busy tree stuff in it, so I simplified it with the orangey-yellow glow that sets off his beautiful blue nicely.  It's called a Budgeriger.  For such a pretty bird, I just know that I could have come up with a prettier name for this little guy--like Blue Beauty! ;-)


Blue Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...