Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Future Paintings


Future Paintings

Until I am lucky enough to retire and paint full-time, I'm always on the lookout for great reference photos when I'm coming and going to show houses in my real estate business.
My husband and I always take the road along the Indian River on our way south from Fort Pierce to Port St. Lucie called, you guessed it, Indian River Drive.  There are no traffic lights, and you can make pretty good time.  But I'd take it anyway for the sheer beauty along the way!

I'm always torn between looking at our wonderful river and the gorgeous homes along "the drive."  I've passed this one home hundreds of times wishing I had my "good" camera to get this incredible bougainvilla and plumbago in bloom.  It seems they are always in bloom!  Last evening, I finally remembered my good camera and stopped along the small spit of land on the river side of the street to snap this photo on my way home.  I may go into my studio this evening and paint this scene!  It's really calling to me. ;-)




Here's a photo I took on Easy Street on the way to show a house to my customers.
It's another gorgeous magenta bougainvilla in bloom.


While sitting in my car waiting for my customers, I zoomed in on this pink hibiscus bush in front of the house.  It was the only "pretty" thing in the yard ;-).  I like the clapboard look to the house - it makes it look kind of cottage-y, even though it doesn't look that way overall - but it will be nice in a painting.


Another "lazy" shot from my car of the foliage at the house next door to the one I was showing.  Love the chartreuse bushes again the magenta bougainvilla and the cute turquoise house.  I will need to work on the composition and short of "pretty" it up in my painting of this little scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...