Thursday, January 2, 2014

Plein Air Fun by the Indian River

Tuesday morning was plein air painting with the Fort Pierce group. We went back to Old Fort Park, but rather than staying in the little park, we went across Indian River Drive, down a little hill, to the river.  

Sitting on a sugar sand beach with a nice breeze, we painted the morning away. We had a sweet little blue heron visiting us off and on, so he got included in my painting.  I took acrylics vs oils with me and it was fun and different.  There were five of us, and afterwards, two ladies and I went to lunch together downtown and sat outside enjoying more of the wonderful weather into the afternoon.

Here's my little 8" x 10" piece on canvas panel:


Here's the reference photo. It's a little dark and doesn't include the snake plants I put in the right foreground. They were off to the right, but I thought they added a nice balance to the composition.


More photos of the area - lots more paintings to do here! This area has a nice pool of water from a drainage area.

The drainage area created some interesting tide pools into the river area.  The small birds love it there.



This is looking north toward downtown.  One of the artists did a wonderful oil painting of this scene. 


I loved this twisted old oak tree.

Looking north you can see the artist I was painting next to.  We were facing south for our paintings. I sure love the blues and grayed blues in this scene. It would be a beautiful painting!


I ended this gorgeous day at the New Year's Eve party with friends in our community clubhouse.


Happy 2014 from beautiful, sunny Florida!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...