Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Beau by Marcy Brennan


Oil on 12" x 12" x 1.5" gallery canvas - SOLD - commissioned portrait

Some friends of mine commissioned me to paint their sheltie, Beau, who has been gone for years.  They also commissioned me to paint their current dog, a bassett hound named Jewel, which I'll post next.  Beau was a pretty little dog!

My doggie portrait commissions all started a bit by accident when I painted my daughter's dog, Buddy, for her birthday.  I posted Buddy on Facebook and her friend saw it and commissioned me to paint her dog, Coco.  Then when I posted Coco on Facebook, my friend's daughter saw it and had her mom commission me to paint Jewel, which turned into two paintings, Jewel and Beau.  I'm finding that I really love painting animals, especially dogs.  There's just something special about man's best friend!  There is so much character in their sweet little faces.

If you have a special pet you would like me to paint, a 12" x 12" oil on canvas is $150.  I use your photographs and the painting is wired in the back and ready to hang without a frame.  I paint the 1.5" deep sides the same color as the portrait background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...