Sunday, June 10, 2012

Abstract - Maria's Flowers by Marcy Brennan


Oil on 16" x 20" canvas

This is a new abstract of my sister-in-law, Maria's flowers looking down on them from above.  Marie's love for gardening matches my love for painting and I can't believe this is the first painting I've done of her flowers.  I took lots of photos when I visited she and my brother in Tampa last February, so I need to get busy.

I did this in my intuitive oil painting class, and the exercise was to use just the three primary colors, a brown (burnt umber), black and white.  My blue was cerulean, my red was permanent rose and my yellow was cadmium yellow medium.  It's amazing the rainbow of colors you can mix from just these six colors


Purchase Original Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...