Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reflections by Marcy Brennan


Reflections - 12" x 12" acrylic on gallery canvas - $150

I was inspired by a photo I saw in Pinterest depicting beautiful colorful buildings reflected in the water on a street.  Soooo love Pinterest!  I took my color cues from the photo and just used my palette knife and heavy gloss gel medium and had fun!  An artist friend told me it looked like a Hans Hoffman.  Not being much into art history, I had no idea who that was, so came home and looked him up on the internet.  I can see a little bit of his style in this painting, but his colors were more primary bright colors of red, yellow and blue, but it could be named "After Hans Hoffman" if I'd actually known about him when I painted it.  ;-D



Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...