Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Fiesta" - New Abstract Painting Series by Marcy Brennan


Fiesta 1 - Acrylic on 36" x 36" Gallery Wrap Canvas - $1200
I had a blast painting this vibrant and colorful abstract series in a visit to my daughter's in the Atlanta area.  It was so wonderful having several days without my phone ringing or beeping with texts.  I think I need to leave town more often. ;-)  This is the first and largest in the series, all in the same color palette.  My daughter picked the teal and magenta colors which are both our favorites.  I named it Fiesta because all the bright and fun colors reminded me of fiestas I attended during my time in New Mexico.  This is on a 1.5" deep gallery wrap canvas with the edges painted white.



Fiesta 2, Acrylic on 24" x 24" Gallery Wrap Canvas - $500
This fun and colorful abstract acrylic painting is perfect for a wall needing a burst of of color and energy!  It has multiple layers of paint and lots of energetic brush strokes.  I'm a huge music lover and listening to my favorite music puts me in a wonderful mood.  I think my Fiesta paintings show what a great time I had painting them!  This painting is on a 1.5" deep gallery wrap canvas with the edges painted white.



Fiesta 3 - Acrylic on 24" x 24" Gallery Wrap Canvas - $500
This is the third painting in my Fiesta series that I painted while visiting my daughter in Atlanta.  We loved the big jars of turquoise and magenta paints at Hobby Lobby. They became my jumping off colors.  I added in some other bright colors to create these fun and colorful new abstract paintings. This painting is perfect for adding a pop of color to a room and the 1.5" deep edges of the gallery wrap canvas are painted white.



Fiesta 4 - Acrylic on 24" x 24" Gallery Wrap Canvas - $500
This is the fourth in my Fiesta series of abstract paintings.  I used the same color palette in this piece as the others in this series, but it has more of a geometric feel to it.  Lots of hot, vibrant colors and interesting shapes.  This is on a 1.5" deep gallery wrap canvas with the edges painted white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...