Friday, August 22, 2014

Finished Serengeti Series by Marcy Brennan


 



Here they are all finished!  They are each 16"x20"x1.5" acrylic on gallery wrap canvas - $350 each

I posted my first few layers in my previous post.  These have a few more layers on them.  I did lots of drips, turning the canvases both vertical and horizontal.  I love how the drips give the surface a quality almost like alligator skin.  I guess they're called crocodiles in Africa!  I found a great sunset photo of the Serengeti plains, and it gave me the color palette for this painting.  The first painting is in the Art Mundo loft show entitled "Serengeti" on display there through Sep 2nd.  It's a wonderful show with a lot of artists represented with really nice and varied works/styles.

Purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...