Sunday, April 10, 2016

An Art Quote and a New Is Baby Coming!



 What a lovely thought.  When we sell a piece of art, a piece of the artist goes with it. I don't know about other artists, but I always find it hard to give up one of my "babies."  But I then think, well I'm an artist, I can make more, and so I'm glad my baby has found a loving home. 🌞

And speaking of babies, I've got a brand new grandson on the way tonight. I'm ensconced here in the birthing room with my daughter and son-in-law. Things are moving at a snails pace, but we are hoping some time in the early morning hours, we will all finally get to meet Zakkary Ryan Duffy.  No more guessing and looking at fuzzy 3D ultrasound images. We will be seeing his sweet little face in person!

I'd love to be painting in my little Moleskine watercolor sketchbook with my Koi field sketchbox, but it's too dark in here and I'm rather fatigued. So I'll leave you with the picture of my last painting in my book that I finished up yesterday. They are trumpet flowers with magenta Bougainvilleas peeking through the background.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...