Saturday, February 11, 2012

Farmer's Market Bing Cherries by Marcy Brennan


12" x 12" oil on 1-1/2" deep gallery canvas - $250

I painted this last year from a photo I took one Saturday morning at our wonderful Fort Pierce Farmer's Market in our beautiful little downtown right on the Indian River waterfront. The market has grown incredibly over the past five years, and it's now one of the top farmer's markets in Florida.  Rain or shine, cold, wind, or dog days of summer, the market shall go on!

These were the most luscious cherries, I couldn't resist snapping a photo to paint from later.  I cropped the outside edges of the little blue cartons (my favorite Taos blue color) to give this a more graphic look.

I just realized this week that I'd never posted this to my site.  I think I subconsciously didn't post this painting because I especially love the colors and shapes, hung it in my kitchen and have been enjoying it so much ever since!  Every time I look at this painting, I want to pluck one of those cherries right off the wall and pop it into my mouth - LOVE bing cherries!  How about you?


Purchase Original Painting
BUY A PRINT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...