Monday, February 13, 2012

Portrait of Andrea by Marcy Brennan



8" x 10" oil on masonite - Artist's Collection

I have never had any desire to paint faces - until my intuitive oils class.  Our teacher went over the basic placement of the features on the face and turned us loose.  I worked most of the class on this and couldn't stop.  After I got home, I continued working for another five hours, but it's definitely my daughter Andrea! She was giving me one of those classic teenager's looks as if to say, "Mom you're such a geek always wanting to take pictures of us."  She was 16 at the time and now she's in her mid-30's, so this is a special piece for my own collection.  Of course, now I need to do one of her sister from the same trip so I have a complete set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...