Friday, May 20, 2016

"Flip Flop Weather" - New Oil and Cold Wax Series by Marcy Brennan

"Flip Flop Weather" - New Oil and Cold Wax Series

I created this new series about two months ago for Delray Beach's Cornell Museum of Art & Culture Third Annual Extraordinary 6x6 Art Sale.  The show begins July 1, 2016 and remains on exhibit the month of July, culminating in the sale of the works on Thursday, July 28, 2016 from 6-8 pm.

I had decided that I would create oil and cold wax paintings in my normal abstract style, but as I began painting, I decided to go with a tropical look, so abstracted palm trees and pink flowers took over.  I used Liquid on top to give the paintings a nice sheen.  The paintings are on cradled wood panels and the sides and back are painted black.  They are wired and ready to hang without a frame.

The museum is located at 51 N. Swinton Ave, Delray Beach, FL.  If you're in the area, I hope you can be there for the sale the evening of July 28th.

Here are the paintings I created which I titled, Flip Flop Weather.  It was still cold and windy in March when I painted these little guys and I was dreaming of warm weather when I could again wear my flip flops and shorts.  (Yes it gets too cold for us wimpy Floridians to wear flip flops during some of the winter months in our area.)





What about you?  What does the temperature have to be for you to wear flip flops?

Feel free to share on Facebook and Twitter and Pin the pictures (but please give me proper credit).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...