Thursday, September 4, 2014

Giverny "Remastered" by Marcy Brennan


Giverny "Remastered" - 18"x12"x1.5" gallery wrap canvas - $150

I started out doing an abstract on this canvas that turned into a rose garden that turned into water lilies!  Talk about transformations ;-)  The theme for Sep 2014 in Art Mundo's underground gallery is "Remastered".  Artists were invited to re-create an old master's work.  Since this painting had already sort of morphed into water lilies, I decided to take a look at one of Monet's water lily paintings for which he was famous.  I then used his color palette for this painting.  I really like the way it turned out.  This photo was taken under flourescent lights with my iphone, so a better one will replace it after the show is over.

If you buy this painting, it will be shipped after Oct 1st.

Buy this painting here
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...