Thursday, September 4, 2014

Giverny "Remastered" by Marcy Brennan


Giverny "Remastered" - 18"x12"x1.5" gallery wrap canvas - $150

I started out doing an abstract on this canvas that turned into a rose garden that turned into water lilies!  Talk about transformations ;-)  The theme for Sep 2014 in Art Mundo's underground gallery is "Remastered".  Artists were invited to re-create an old master's work.  Since this painting had already sort of morphed into water lilies, I decided to take a look at one of Monet's water lily paintings for which he was famous.  I then used his color palette for this painting.  I really like the way it turned out.  This photo was taken under flourescent lights with my iphone, so a better one will replace it after the show is over.

If you buy this painting, it will be shipped after Oct 1st.

Buy this painting here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...