Friday, September 12, 2014

Sea Glass I by Marcy Brennan


Sea Glass I - Acrylic on 20" x 16" x 1.5" gallery wrap canvas - $350

One of my very favorite things is sea glass!  I Googled how sea glass is formed, and this is what I found:
  1. "Sea glass is originally made by man (bottles and jars) but refined by nature to become smooth frosty beach found gems. Sea glass begins as bottles & glass that get tossed on the shore, broken, and then tumbled smooth by the waves and currents."

    So something made by one person to be something useful, then tossed away by another person as something useless, becomes something to be found by yet another person and kept as a treasure.  The circle of life in a piece of glass ;-)
  2. Purchase original and prints here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...