Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Serengeti 2 by Marcy Brennan


Serengeti 2 - Acrylic on 16" x 20" x 1.5" gallery wrap canvas - $350

This is the second painting in my Serengeti series.  While painting this, I kept thinking about the movie, "Out of Africa" and how beautiful it is there.

This was such a fun series to paint because the colors are a complete departure from my normally "cool" color palette.  The art association I'm a member of and where I have a gallery studio has a new challenge for local artists each month.

August's theme was the Serengeti of Africa.  This series was created from a sunset photo of the Serengeti plains.  I used hot colors like red, orange and yellow along with black inspired by the trees against the red sky.  I have drips of color going both ways, and that created a texture somewhat like alligator skin.


Buy Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...